Winter Playing Rules 2018
Glens Course – Winter Rules
1stNovember 2018 through 31stMarch 2019
- Mats must be used on all teeing areas.
- The ball must be played from the fixed mat on all teeing areas, or from a position no more than two club lengths directly behind the front of the fixed mat using a personal mat.
- Mats are OPTIONAL on fairways, closely mown areas and the first cut of rough.
- Bunkers are not in play. A ball in a bunker should be dropped, without penalty, within one club length at the nearest point of relief, (Rule 25-1). This means, to the side or behind the bunker depending on the nearest point of relief.
- Preferred lies are in operation on all closely mown areas (this covers fairways and approaches only).
The ball can be cleaned and replaced within 6 inches of its original position, no nearer the hole.
Plugged balls through the green may also be lifted and dropped no nearer the pin.
General etiquette – to be observed at all times
- Repair pitch marks on greens
- Replace divots on fairways.
- Refrain from pulling trolleys across the tee.
- BUGGIES OR TROLLEYS MUST NOT BE TAKEN BETWEEN BUNKERS AND GREENS.